Multi-Bitrate Push Stream or Multiple Encoding (Adaptive Bitrate Streaming) works by detecting a user’s bandwidth and device capacity in real time and adjusting the quality of a video stream accordingly. It requires the use of an encoder which can encode a single source video at multiple bit rates.
To enable Multi-Bitrate Push Stream to follow the below instructions:
- Log into your StreamFast Dashboard
- Click on the drop-down menu Live Streams which is located to the extreme left under the StreamFast logo.
- Click on the Multi Bitrate Push.
- Click on the Yellow Plus Button which is located at the top extreme right corner of the screen.
- Click “Info” in the drop-down menu.
- Provide the Push Name and then the Stream Name after the /. If the name given is not already used, it will be accepted.
- Select the Origin Server from the available server list by clicking the Select button. Make sure to select the appropriate server which is geographically located near to your encoder.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Create button.
Success! Stream Created message will be displayed upon successful creation.
Once created you can get your Encoder Credentials and the related Playback URLs. Next, you need to configure your encoder.
NB: Use stream as stream%i, when using a single encoder to push encoded streams. Use stream as stream1, stream2, stream3, when using multiple encoders to push encoded streams.